Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Coach Wooden

Last night I started reading John Wooden's book, Wooden on Leadership. I can already tell I'm gonna like it. What is it about self-help books? Makes me think of the quote from When Harry Met Sally when Marie says, "Someone is staring at you in Personal Growth." Anyway, here are a few excerpts I found inspirational from the first 40 pages. Here's to being your best!

Never cease trying to be the best you can become.

Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self satisfaction in knowing you made the best effort to become the best of which you are capable.

Losing is painful - at times most harsh. But losing is not the end of the world. There is something beyond, something even greater than winning the race. Success is found in running the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...