Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Greetings

Christmas cards are starting to arrive more and more each day and I love it. I love saving old cards to see how people and families grow and change from year to year. Christmas cards saved from loved ones no longer with us are some of my most prized possessions.
With the decline in the economy and many cheap alternatives available to printed cards, it somehow makes holding a treasured card from a loved one that much more special.

There's an old Christmas card in an old dusty trunk
And it brings back sweet memories dear to me.

Though it's faded and worn, it's as precious as the morn
When I found it 'neath our first Christmas tree.

I thrill with every word, every line
I guess I'm always sentimental around this time.

Pardon me if a tear falls among my Christmas cheer
It's the memory of an old Christmas card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...