Monday, October 26, 2009

New York, New York

The countdown has officially started. T minus 3 days and counting and we’re off to New York. I have put in my request to our friend Ben that the trees in Central Park keep their leaves until we get there. He took note of it. One of my favorite things about New York is having a local to share the trip with. Although Ben could never be confused for a New Yorker (due to his slow draw and southern Indiana charm), after 5 years living in the city, I consider him a local. I much rather pretend I know my way around the subway system and don’t look like one of the other million tourists taking pictures of the Olive Garden in Times Square. If you ask me if I have taken a picture of the Olive Garden in Times Square, I will deny it. I will also deny that in an attempt to get to Bergdorf Goodman, I inadvertently missed a subway stop and ended up in Queens.

One stop I'm excited to make is at the Guggenheim for the Kandinsky show. The show is going on now through January 13.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...